Saturday, March 17, 2012

Steak & Grilled Veggies


Ignore the beans, they are Bushs from a can...but I wanted to share my recipe for Steak and grilled veggies. When I didnt know a thing about cooking, I thought I could never figure out how to grill a steak....or even pick out which kind of meat at the store. So heres what I do. In the meat section, I go for T Bone or Ribeye, someone once told me you cant go wrong if you buy one of those. I season it with Italian dressing, worcestershire, Saltgrass Steak Seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. I refrigerate it for about an hour or longer if you have time. The trick to cooking it on the grill is to get your grill really hot, put it on high. When you put the steaks on there it will sear them. Wait 30 seconds and then flip them. Once you flip it, put your heat down to low/medium to let it cook through. Searing it helps hold in the juices.
The grilled veggies I did are soaked in soy sauce, honey, garlic, and pepper. Tonight I did onion, bell pepper, and zucchini. I usually put chicken on them and do a chicken kabob but tonight I just thought the veggies would be perfect with steak. Im definitely still learning the different tricks to grilling, my fiance says I flip too much, Im just scared of burning it. The more you grill, the better you will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment