Sunday, February 26, 2012

Super easy Crockpot Chili

When I finally decided to stop eating out, and started teaching myself to cook, I began with the crock pot. This was the first thing I ever tried and over 2 years later, it is in my crock pot usually once a week. It is so easy (especially for beginners) and delicious!

You will need:
2 lb. ground beef
1 green bell pepper
1 medium onion
3 stalks of celery
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cans pinto beans ( I get the Jalapintos with Jalapenos in them to spice it up!) drained
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic salt
3 Teaspoons Chili Powder
Cayenne to taste (I use 1 teaspoon)

Directions:
Brown ground beef in a skillet on medium heat, drain, and add to crockpot.
Cut up bell pepper, onion, and celery and add to crockpot.
Add spices, both cans of sauce, and pinto beans (drained).
Let it cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
I make rice and add it sometimes, but you can eat it plain also. The leftovers are very very good the next day!! HOPE YOU ENJOY, one of my favs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment